See Our Work Portfolio
- projects/photos/Bank of Jackson.jpg
- projects/photos/First South.jpg
- projects/photos/Regions bank - Trenton.JPG
- projects/photos/Regions Bank Lobby.JPG
- projects/photos/Regions Bank.jpg
- projects/photos/Volunteer Bank - Alamo.jpg
- projects/photos/Bank of Crockett.jpg
- projects/photos/Deaton's Carpet One.jpg
- projects/photos/Diversified Technology.jpg
- projects/photos/Madison Haywood.jpg
- projects/photos/NIS Industrial.JPG
- projects/photos/Shadow Creek Commercial Development.jpg
- projects/photos/victory honda.jpg
- projects/photos/Victory Honda Interior.jpg
- projects/photos/Wilson Motors.jpg
- projects/photos/Union Baseball and Soccer.JPG
- projects/photos/Charles Patterson Law Offices.jpg
- projects/photos/Enterprise Interior.jpg
- projects/photos/Enterprise Office Building.jpg
- projects/photos/Kirklands Corporate Office.jpg
- projects/photos/Rehoboth Baptist Church59.jpg
- projects/photos/Bethel Sanctuary.jpg
- projects/photos/ECC Church.jpg
- projects/photos/Englewood Fellowship Hall.jpg
- projects/photos/Englewood Santuary.jpg
- projects/photos/First Christian Church in Alamo.jpg
- projects/photos/First Presby.JPG
- projects/photos/Mother Liberty Church.jpg
- projects/photos/Rehoboth Baptist Church.jpg
- projects/photos/St. Lukes Episcopal Addition.jpg
- projects/photos/St. Lukes Episcopal Fellowship Hall.jpg
- projects/photos/St. Paul CME.jpg
- projects/photos/ECC gym.JPG
- projects/photos/ECC Church22.jpg
- projects/photos/Englewood Santuary51.jpg
- projects/photos/Englewood Fellowship Hall90.jpg
- projects/photos/Englewood Site.jpg
- projects/photos/First Christian Church in Alamo23.jpg
- projects/photos/First Presby84.JPG
- projects/photos/Mother Liberty Church36.jpg
- projects/photos/St. Lukes Episcopal Addition36.jpg
- projects/photos/St. Lukes Episcopal Fellowship Hall55.jpg
- projects/photos/St. Paul CME58.jpg
- projects/photos/Cardiothoracic Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Camden Eye Care.jpg
- projects/photos/Advanced Dialysis Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/CC Dental.jpg
- projects/photos/Crowder- McClemore Clinic Interior.jpg
- projects/photos/Crowder- McClemore CLinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Dermatology Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/East Jackson Medical Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/EMG Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Family Dental Care.jpg
- projects/photos/Gooch Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Jackson Regional Woman's Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Jackson Pulmonary Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Jackson Surgical Associates.jpg
- projects/photos/Kirkland Cancer Center.jpg
- projects/photos/Kirkland Cancer Center Interior.jpg
- projects/photos/Kirkland Cancer CenterInterior 2.jpg
- projects/photos/Med North.jpg
- projects/photos/Medical Specialty Clinic Phase 1.jpg
- projects/photos/Medical Specialty Clinic- Phase 1,2.jpg
- projects/photos/Semmes Murphey Clinic interior.jpg
- projects/photos/Semmes-Murphy Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Shadow Creek Medical Park.jpg
- projects/photos/The Woman's Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/Urological Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/West Tenn Bone and Joint Clinic.jpg
- projects/photos/West Tennessee Pediatric Dental Group Interior.jpg
- projects/photos/WTH - MRI Center.jpg
- projects/photos/West Tennessee Pediatric Dental Group.jpg
- projects/photos/Bethel Baptist Sanctuary.jpg
- projects/photos/Bethel Baptist.jpg
- projects/photos/Lambuth Theatre Interior.JPG
- projects/photos/Lambuth Theatre.jpg
- projects/photos/Lane College GMAC Building.jpg
- projects/photos/Lane College Library.jpg
- projects/photos/Union Baseball and Soccer43.JPG
- projects/photos/Union University - Jenning Hall.jpg
- projects/photos/Union University Clock Tower.JPG
- projects/photos/Union university Commons Building.jpg
- projects/photos/Union University Dorms.jpg
- projects/photos/Union University Hammons Hall-Lifeway.jpg
- projects/photos/University of Tenn Science Building2.jpg
- projects/photos/University of Tenn Science Building.jpg
- projects/photos/UTM Parsons Interior.jpg
- projects/photos/Murray Guard Corporate Office.jpg
- projects/photos/Porter Cable Corporate Offices.jpg
- projects/photos/Rainey, Kizer Reviere and Belle Law Offices.jpg
- projects/photos/South Central Bell Corporate Offices.jpg
- projects/photos/Steele, Carter and Martin Office Buildings.jpg
Who We Are About Us
Brasfield Construction is a commercial building company that has a reputation throughout West Tennessee for quality construction, personal integrity, and pinpoint pricing. Founded by Ken Brasfield in 1970 as a residential construction company, now more than forty years later, Brasfield has become the market leader in commercial construction with more than 200 commercial projects to its name.
What sets the company apart from its competition, in addition to its people, is the use of advanced technology and the ability to perform craftsman-oriented construction. Craftsman-oriented construction is essentially having the expertise necessary to complete large and intricate projects that involve challenges and complexities above and beyond standard construction projects. The company remains committed to the community that helped it grow into the business it is.
Brasfield Construction specializes in the following types of projects:
- Medical facilities
- Commercial and corporate offices
- Hospital construction
- Colleges and universities
Numerous classroom buildings and dorms, including a clock tower, on the campus of Union Univeristy. Englewood Baptist Church, the Regional Hospital Medical Office Buildings, and premier banks, including Regions Bank, First Bank and Bank of Jackson are only a few that have been constructed by the company.
Consultations are always free, so please contact us today for your project. Call 1-731-668-4163 or send us an e-mail. Your call or e-mail will be returned within 48 hours or less. We look forward to working with you on your next project.
Our general philosophy at Brasfield Construction is to develop positive relationships with our clients that provide us future referrals and the opportunity to expand our customer base. We do not approach our projects with a bottom line only attitude. We believe that if our clients enjoy the building process, consider it a pleasant and rewarding experience, then they will not only use us for repeat projects, but will also recommend us to other potential clients. We feel that by placing the customer’s satisfaction as our top priority and working hard to maintain our reputation then our workload will remain steady, thereby allowing our company to grow in the right way.
“We bring value to your project-achieving optimum cost, schedule, and, most importantly, quality.”
Goal - To provide our customers:
- Good Work
- Good Service
- Good Value
Ken Brasfield started Brasfield Construction in 1970 to specialize in residential building and subdivision development. The company’s first focus was building subdivisions and small houses in neighboring communities of Alamo, Trenton, Milan and Atwood. The affordable houses sold for around $12,500, and included 1,000 square feet and a carport, and were normally all-brick on the outside. In the first five years, Brasfield Construction averaged about 12 to 25 homes per year. After five years, the company expanded into the Jackson market. Its first development was the Indian Hills Subdivision in north Jackson.
A Change of Focus: the 1980s
At about the same time, Brasfield Construction began to expand into commercial work. The first commercial job was an addition to the gymnasium for the Kenton Special School District in Kenton, TN. Commercial work continued with an addition to Consolidated Aluminum. Under the architectural supervision of W.C. Harris, the company also built the Rib Eye Barn, which currently is Madison's Restaurant. By the early 1980s, the company’s focus completed its transition to mainly commercial buildings as commercial projects grew in size and complexity. Residential construction was phased out by 1985 and since then, Brasfield has built only a few custom homes.
Controlled Growth, 1995-2000
In 1994, Brasfield Construction again sharpened its focus. It made a conscious decision to identify construction projects we were best qualified to do. We decided to focus on medium-size commercial work, such as banks, medical office buildings, and similar jobs. The result was controlled growth, a dip in profits for the next year, but also the assurance that the company would have more control on doing a quality job.
2000 - Today
Brasfield Construction found its niche in craftsmanship oriented construction as the company continued to see controlled growth throughout the beginning of the new century. The company expanded into similar complex projects consisting of colleges, universities, hospitals and church work. Brasfield Construction also has changed the way it does business in its management style and use of today's technology. Jeff Brasfield was named CEO in 2005 and is continuing the same construction model of quality and service started by his father. Brasfield Construction's forte has become jobs that are complex, challenging, and technologically advanced.
The company has experienced steady growth for the past 40 years, including licensed land surveyors, superintendents, lead carpenters and more. Most of Brasfield Construction's employees have been with the business for more than ten years, which points to the company's successful business operations and culture. Ken Brasfield continues to serve in an advisory capacity for Brasfield Construction and works as a construction manager on select projects. Brasfield Construction's commercial buildings can be seen throughout the Jackson-Madison community and elsewhere in West Tennessee.
Meet the Team Meet the Team
We owe our success to the integrity and dedication of our people, and their professionalism and attention to safety and quality. From heavy equipment operators to project estimators, our staff possesses the expertise and commitment to complete every job at the highest level of quality. Our staff takes pride in working together to complete complex projects through innovative practices.
Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Oklahoma State University, four years in the U.S. Navy Construction Battalion, Forty years as owner of Brasfield Construction.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology from the University of Tennessee Martin. Additional education from the Construction Estimating Institute and FMI (Management in Construction). Eighteen years as Project Manager at Brasfield Construction. Current VP of Brasfield Construction.
Licensed land surveyor, two years college: Pre-Engineering, three years U.S. Army, fourteen years at Jones Construction as Project Manager, and twenty-five years at Brasfield Construction.
Superintendent for Brasfield Construction for twenty-five years. Assistant Superintendent with Fruco Engineering for five years. Special training includes commercial blueprint reading and project management.
John W. Fowler
Four years Superintendent with Brasfield Construction, four years lead carpenter with Brasfield Construction, eleven years lead carpenter with Forcum Lannom.
Jeff Brasfield, 38, is Vice President of Brasfield Construction, Inc. Jeff is a Jackson native and attended Northside High School where he was a standout basketball player and excelled in baseball as well as tennis. He attended the University of Tennessee Martin on a tennis scholarship and was a member of the 1989 Gulf South Conference Championship team. He holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering Technology with a Construction Management emphasis from UTM.
After graduation in 1992, he worked as a project engineer for Professional Service Industries in Nashville, Tennessee, before returning to Jackson to join the family business. Jeff assumed company leadership of Brasfield Construction in 2005, replacing his father, Ken Brasfield, after thirty plus years in business.
Since 1970, Brasfield Construction prides itself on building relationships with its clients while providing quality construction and service. In keeping with that same philosophy branded by his father, Jeff is continuing those concepts and introducing advanced technologies that will further set the company apart from its competition. Jeff is bringing building information modeling and green building to Brasfield Construction in preparation for the future of the construction industry.
Jeff is very active in community service. He graduated from Leadership Jackson in 2000 and has earned Leadership Jackson Alumni awards, the Pearl award and the Community Observance of Personal Excellence (COPE) award in 2008. For several years he has volunteered to teach the COPE ropes instruction at Camp Mack Morris for the Boy Scouts.
Jeff is a member of the board for the Boy Scouts of America, the Rotary Club, YMCA board of Directors and the Regional Hospital Board of Directors. He is an active member of the United Way Endowment Board and helped to raise over $80,000 for the YMCA Capital Campaign Fund.
Jeff is very family oriented and he and his wife, Emily, along with their two sons, are members of Fellowship Bible Church. Jeff still enjoys playing tennis and can be found more often on the golf course as well.
Jeff can be contacted at Brasfield Construction, Inc., at 668-4163.
Our Services Our Services
Brasfield Construction is a full-service contractor that can essentially assist clients from the conception to completion of their projects.Brasfield Construction builds a diverse range of projects for both public and private clients under a variety of project delivery methods, including General Contracting, Construction Management, and Design/Building.
As a self-performing General Contractor, Brasfield construction joins your project team near the conclusion of the design phase, providing owners a traditional design-bid-build structure. Our team performs GC assignments on both a negotiated contract and bid basis.
As Construction Managers, Brasfield Construction is prepared to provide service as either an owner's agent whereby the client holds all trade contracts, or on an "at-risk" basis where we become responsible for guaranteeing performance. Whichever is right for your project, we join your team through negotiated contract or the typical bid process and leverage our diverse experience to bring value to your project-achieving optimum cost, schedule, and, most importantly, quality.
Brasfield Construction has participated in a large number of highly successful design-build projects, acting as a single point of contact for the client during the design and construction phases. The design-build approach provides owners with an efficient way to interface with engineering, architectural, and construction team members early on, and facilitates an efficient, cost-effective parallel coordination structure.
In every field, competitors exist. This is especially true in construction. Brasfield Construction is unique from its competitors in four very distinct ways.
Brasfield Construction has been in business for more than forty years, with hundreds of commercial projects to its name. The key to quality control is constant inspection, along with experienced team members who know how to do the job right – the first time. Brasfield Construction uses the most advanced technology to provide verifications and reminders to consistently communicate with team members. Most of Brasfield Construction’s employees have been with the business for more than ten years, which points to the company’s successful business operations and culture. That experience means that customers always get a quality project. Moreover, Brasfield Construction knows every commercial construction supplier in the market. When you choose Brasfield Construction, they negotiate the highest quality materials for the best possible cost. The Brasfield difference has always been construction value you can count on. They get the job right – the first time – and they always have.
Design Services (Building Information Modeling)
Brasfield is one of the first local construction companies to provide 3D modeling design for their projects. Bringing a project to life, Brasfield can provide clients with complete construction drawings, 3D models, and actual renderings. From any imaginable angle our clients will have the ability to visualize their project and its components in a complete 3D Model. Imagine a bank, medical clinic or church with exterior brick walls, metal roof, as well as a drive-thru canopy and parking. Brasfield Construction can provide you a complete 3D rendering of what the building will actually look like – down to paint colors on the walls. Brasfield Construction can provide those initial schematic plans, saving valuable time and money by drawing the plans, getting up-front consensus, and then employing an architect for the final details if required by code.
Brasfield Construction strives to be an excellent steward of its clients’ project funds. Past construction experience serves as extensive historical data to benchmark costs. Typically, our initial estimates fall within 1-2% of the final contract amount. Brasfield’s accuracy results from the team’s estimates and clearly defined assumptions, clarifications and exclusions. We use an On Screen Take-off System that allows us to generate quantities quickly and accurately using an electronic version of the design documents.
Our past experience serves as extensive historical data that gives us benchmarks to determine reasonable costs for each item. Typically, the earlier Brasfield is brought into the project, the more opportunities for construction value to be added to a working set of construction drawings. Brasfield Construction saves customers money from the beginning. It is important that the owner, design team and Brasfield Construction jointly evaluate all value analysis options. Sometimes if the right decision initially costs more money, savings are found in the long run. Regardless, value analysis cannot be done with a cavalier attitude focused on the cheapest alternative. Most importantly, Brasfield Construction strives to present as much information about each option as possible so that the owner can make an informed decision.
- Design management
- Zoning and code compliance
- Green building planning/education
- Bid packaging
- Value engineering
- Subcontractor pre-qualification
- Self-performing concrete
- Quality control
- Safety management
- LEED project registration
- Subcontractor management
- Status reporting
- Change management
- Certificate of occupancy
- As-built documentation
- Commissioning/Warranty programs
- Building Operations
- LEED project certification
“Our approach is based on serving each client with the utmost in enthusiasm and professionalism, solving their problems in a business like manner. We place the highest priority on service to our clients.”
Brasfield Construction has more than 200 commercial building projects to its name. During each of these builds or renovations, the safety of everyone is Brasfield Construction’s top priority. Brasfield Construction believes that safety is a responsibility and function of all levels of the construction process. Accountability is required for the control of all accidents and incidents. We have averaged an Exp Mod of 1 over the last 5 years.
Our company’s goal is to instill an attitude within each employee, subcontractor, and vendor to think safe, work safe and be considerate of peers in the work place. A safety plan is built into the construction planning process – and Brasfield Construction closely follows all laws and regulations to ensure the safety of its employees and contractors.